Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Toasted Walnut Avocado Greek Yogurt Hummus Dip ~

This dip was inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest. I had all of the ingredients, but I wanted to "beef" it up with some other ingredients that I thought would enhance the flavors of the avocado and the garbanzo beans. The recipe ended up being something totally different, but really good! I'm packing this one for lunch with veggies and pita chips. It's full of flavor and very healthy!


Ingredients ~
1 can chick peas
2 ripe Haas avodacos, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lemon, plus the rind, grated
1 t. fleur de sel
pinch of cracked pepper
1 t. smoked paprika
1 t. cumin powder
1/2 c. toasted walnuts
2 T. toasted sesame seeds
olive oil - about 3 T. check as you blend
1 T. fat free Greek yogurt

Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Serve with fresh veggies or pita chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://artc1heartnsoul.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss