This is super simple for a quick weeknight meal, and really flavorful, but light and healthy. Plus, I love the protein it offers and the "brain food" impact you get from fish. I'm even typing better tonight! LOL!
· 1 small onion, thinly sliced
· 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
· 4 flounder fillets
· 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
· Dash pepper
· Fresh sliced baby heirloom tomatoes, sliced
· 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 t. dried basil
· 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
In a 12” skillet heat oil on medium high. Add onion and sautee until tender. Remove from heat.
Place fillets over onions. Season with salt, pepper, and dried basil. Place tomato slices on top.
Melt butter. Add garlic powder and whisk. Drizzle over the top of the fish.
Bake about 18 minutes uncovered in a 350 degree oven. Remove and place on serving platter. Scatter on fresh chopped basil. (I love the power of mixing dried and fresh herbs!) Flaky and full of flavor!